Whether you’re looking to go gluten free or just want to try something new, spaghetti squash is delicious, light replacement for all your Italian dishes. Trust us when we say that the shrimp and brown butter makes this spaghetti dish plate lickin’ good! Who said healthy couldn’t be delicious?
Spaghetti Squash with Shrimp and Brown Butter
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 1 hour
Active Time: 30 minutes
spaghetti squash – 1/2
extra virgin olive oil – 1/4 teaspoon
butter – 1 1/2 teaspoon
salt – 1/8 teaspoon
black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
shrimp – 3 ounce
garlic – 1/4 teaspoon
sage – 3/4 teaspoon
lemon juice – 1/4 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut squash in half, scoop out seeds, brush with olive oil, and bake cut side down for 30 minutes.
- Using a fork scrape the flesh to create strands, and season with half of the salt and pepper.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat and melt butter.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper and add to melted butter.
- Saute shrimp for 2-3 minutes and add minced garlic.
- Butter should begin to brown, add chopped sage, and lemon juice.
- Plate spagehtti squash noodles, and top with shrimp and browned butter sauce.
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.