It’s time to let your ground beef see more than Taco Tuesday. This fresh, low carb dish is simple and quick — taking only 25 minutes total. This Mexican-inspired dish might be an unexpected use of zucchini noodles, but you will be pleasantly surprised when you try that first bite filled with melted cheese, fresh zoodles and chili-flavored ground beef.
Southwest Zucchini Noodles and Ground Beef
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 25 minutes
Active Time: 25 minutes
zucchini – 1/2
ground beef – 4 ounce
shredded monterey jack cheese – 4 tablespoon
chili powder – 1/4 teaspoon
cumin – 1/4 teaspoon
salt – 1/8 teaspoon
black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
roma tomato – 1/2
extra virgin olive oil – 3/8 teaspoon
yellow onion – 1/8
garlic – 1/4 teaspoon
- Spiralize zucchini and set on paper towels to dry.
- Heat a saute pan over medium high heat and add olive oil.
- Add crumbled ground beef and season with salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder.
- Add in diced onion, minced garlic, and chopped tomatoes.
- Serve over zucchini noodles topped with cheese.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.