Take a break from your traditional American burger and delve into the Asian flavors that this one has to offer. This recipe calls for the merging of a mouth-watering burger with the fresh flavors of a banh mi sandwich to create the decadent banh mi burger with a sunny side up egg. If you’ve never had a drippy egg on your burger, you don’t know what you’re missing!
Banh Mi Burger with Egg
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 35 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
ground beef – 4 ounce
cucumber – 1/4
shredded carrots – 1 tablespoon
onion – 1/8
fresh cilantro – 1 tablespoon
egg – 1
wheat bun – 1
sriracha sauce – 1/2 teaspoon
white wine vinegar – 4 tablespoon
white sugar – 3/4 teaspoon
extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 teaspoon
- Thinly slice cucumber, discarding ends.
- Thinly slice onion.
- Stir vinegar and sugar. Add cucumber, onion, and carrot. Marinate 20 minutes.
- Rough chop cilantro.
- Form beef into patties.
- Preheat oil in pan on medium high heat. Cook patties 7-10 minutes per side.
- Remove patties from pan. Add eggs, cooking sunny side up about 2-3 minutes.
- Place burger in bun. Top with marinated vegetables and cooked egg.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.