It’s burger experimenting time! You’ve probably tried beef burger alternatives like black bean or veggie burgers, right? Well add chickpea burger to that alt-burger lineup, because vegans deserve burgers too!
Pro tip: If the batter is sticking to your hands a little too much, add more flour.
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 25 minutes
Active Time: 25 minutes
shredded carrots – 1 1/2 teaspoon
garlic – 3/8 teaspoon
chickpeas – 2 1/4 ounce
cumin – 1/4 teaspoon
ground coriander – 1/4 teaspoon
egg – 1/8
all purpose flour – 1/8 ounce
extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 teaspoon
wheat bun – 1
red onion – 1/8
red bell pepper – 1/8
yellow bell pepper – 1/8
shredded lettuce – 2 tablespoon
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Add to food processor with minced garlic and spices. Ground into paste, and add carrot, egg, and flour. Grind until evenly mixed.
- Form chickpea mix into 8 patties.
- Heat olive oil in pan on medium-high. Add patties, in batches, and cook 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Slice buns and top with lettuce, chickpea batty, sliced onion and bell pepper.
- Season to taste, and serve.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.