Here’s a juicy fact for you: the thigh is the juiciest, most-flavorful part of the chicken and it tastes even better when the bone is left in. If that doesn’t have you convinced, then maybe you’ll be enticed by this homemade, finger lickin’ good BBQ sauce. This recipe calls for baking the chicken — a perfect alternative if you don’t have a grill!
BBQ Chicken Thighs
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 25 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
boneless skinless chicken thighs – 5 ounce
ketchup – 2 tablespoon
cider vinegar – 1 1/2 teaspoon
brown sugar – 1 tablespoon
worcestershire sauce – 3/4 teaspoon
black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
onion powder – 1/2 teaspoon
garlic powder – 1/4 teaspoon
extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients except chicken together with a quarter cup of water into a sauce.
- Heat pan on medium heat.
- Rub chicken thighs with half of the BBQ sauce. Place in pan. Cook 3-4 minutes per side.
- Transfer pan into oven cook additional 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with remaining BBQ sauce.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.