Getting bored of the same grilled chicken you’ve been making? Why not change it up a bit by baking your chicken instead? Adding baked chicken to this salad provides a scrumptious, high-quality protein source low in fat and calories. Follow this recipe and you’ll end up cooking perfectly juicy and tender chicken to add to your salad.
Chopped Baked Chicken and Tomato Salad
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 45 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
chicken breast – 4 ounce
salt – 1/8 teaspoon
black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
garlic powder – 1/4 teaspoon
baby spinach – 1 ounce
radicchio – 1 cup
extra virgin olive oil – 1 teaspoon
cucumber – 1/4
roma tomato – 1/2
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Season chicken on both sides. Set on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes, or until cooked through.
- With 5 minutes left on the chicken, arrange salad on a plate.
- Slice cucumber and chunk tomato. Mix into salad.
- Let chicken rest for a minute after taking it out of the oven. Cube chicken and place on salad.
- Drizzle with olive oil to finish.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.