With summer going by so quickly, don’t miss out on making these fried chicken sandwiches. Mix up your usual summer beef burger and indulge in this fried chicken and broccoli slaw sandwich. This recipe calls for frying, but don’t let that intimidate you. The fried chicken is great but the broccoli slaw is also to die for!
Fried Chicken and Broccoli Slaw Sandwich
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 20 minutes
Active Time: 20 minutes
chicken breast – 4 ounce
buttermilk – 4 tablespoon
hot sauce – 2 tablespoon
all purpose flour – 2 ounce
salt – 1/4 teaspoon
paprika – 1/2 teaspoon
garlic powder – 1/2 teaspoon
sesame seed bun – 1
broccoli slaw – 4 tablespoon
- Mix buttermilk and hot sauce.
- Slice chicken lengthwise, “butterflying” it. Soak in buttermilk and hot sauce.
- Mix flour, paprika, garlic powder and salt. Dredge soaked chicken.
- In a small wide, shallow pot, heat a small amount of oil over low. When it starts to ripple, it’s ready.
- Fry chicken in oil 4 minutes each side. Lay on paper towel and hold to the side.
- Toast bread, and top chicken with slaw.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.