You may know tofu as a pretty divisive ingredient, but we think this recipe will make tofu-haters into tofu-lovers. If texture is your peeve, notice that this recipe calls for searing the tofu to give it a delicious, crispy texture — disguising its true tofu identity. We think this recipe will put your tofu fears to an end!
Crispy Tofu Caesar Salad
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 30 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
tofu – 1 1/2 ounce
low sodium soy sauce – 1/2 teaspoon
corn starch – 1 1/2 teaspoon
black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
romaine lettuce – 3/4 cup
croutons – 2 tablespoon
grated parmesan – 1 1/2 teaspoon
caesar dressing – 3/4 tablespoon
extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 teaspoon
- Purchase firm tofu, and remove all excess water by using a heavy pan as a weight.
- Thinly slice tofu and soak in soy sauce and black pepper..
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Dredge tofu slices lightly in cornstarch and sear on both sides until slighlty crispy.
- Toss chopped romaine with caesar dressing, croutons, and shredded parmesan cheese.
- Plate salads and top with tofu slices.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.