If you haven’t already noticed, we’re a little taco crazy here at My Happy Plates. We can’t get enough! These fried shrimp tacos are loaded with toppings like a delicious lime juice and garlic powder yogurt sauce. Make sure to load up on the cilantro. With these tacos, you won’t be able to stop at just one or two.
Fried Shrimp Tacos
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 40 minutes
Active Time: 25 minutes
shrimp – 3 ounce
corn tortilla – 2
fresh cilantro – 1 tablespoon
white onion – 1/8
egg – 1/2
all purpose flour – 1/2 ounce
panko bread crumbs – 2 tablespoon
paprika – 1/4 teaspoon
cumin – 1/8 teaspoon
salt – 1/8 teaspoon
black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
greek yogurt – 1 ounce
lime juice – 3/4 teaspoon
garlic powder – 1/4 teaspoon
coconut oil – 3/4 teaspoon
- Make yogurt sauce with lime juice and garlic powder.
- Set up breading station for shrimp with flour, eggs, and panko bread crumb.
- Season flour with cumin, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Bread shrimp begining with flour, egg, and bread crumb.
- Heat a deep pan over medium high heat and add coconut oil.
- Carefully place shrimp into the hot pan and cook until shrimp are crispy and golden brown.
- Heat corn tortillas in a dry pan, plate, top with shrimp, yogurt sauce, and lots of fresh cilantro.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.