The thought that anyone could go throughout life without try pho is truly a tragedy that we’re here to prevent. If you don’t live in a city where pho restaurants are as common as pizza joints, this Chicken Pho recipe will set you up to create a delicious, flavorsome dish. While you might not be too familiar using fish sauce as an ingredient, don’t worry, it just adds a deep flavor to the dish without being too “fishy.”
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 27 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
chicken breast – 4 ounce
shredded carrots – 4 tablespoon
lemongrass – 1/4 stalk
ginger – 1 1/2 teaspoon
chicken broth – 3/4 cup
fish sauce – 1/2 teaspoon
low sodium soy sauce – 1/4 teaspoon
fresh cilantro – 3/4 tablespoon
extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 teaspoon
- Peel outer sleeve of lemongrass. Crush and finely chop.
- Finely slice ginger.
- Rough chop cilantro.
- Slice chicken into thin small strips.
- Preheat olive oil in pot on medium high heat. Add chicken 7 minutes.
- Add equal parts chicken broth and water to pot. Bring to boil.
- Stir in fish sauce, lemongrass, sliced ginger and soy sauce. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with carrots and cilantro on the side.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.