Who doesn’t love a summer shrimp dish? Shrimp is quick and easy to prepare and healthy. Put away the pasta or regular noodles and elect rice noodles for a nice change of pace. They’re especially great if you’re on a gluten-free diet. Once you’ve tried this recipe, we guarantee it will become your new summer seafood staple!
Shrimp with Rice Noodles
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 30 minutes
Active Time: 30 minutes
thai rice noodles – 4 ounce
shrimp – 2 ounce
extra virgin olive oil – 1 1/2 teaspoon
low sodium soy sauce – 1 1/2 teaspoon
sesame oil – 1 1/2 teaspoon
bean sprouts – 4 tablespoon
green onion – 1
white onion – 1/4
egg – 1/2
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain, toss with sesame oil, and set aside.
- Prepare and peel shrimp if necessary.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium. Add shrimp and cook thoroughly. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add diced onion and green onion to skillet. Pour in beaten egg and scramble.
- Add noodles, shrimp, soy sauce, and bean sprouts to skillet. Toss to combine.
- Transfer to plate and serve.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.