No up-charge for guacamole here! This classic Tex-Mex cuisine, provides the perfect level of spiciness and flavor for anyone craving a quick but hardy dish. Paired with your favorite homemade margarita, you’ll have a sensational summer dinner. Extra points if opt to make your own guac!
Chicken Fajitas with Guacamole
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 20 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
chicken breast – 3 ounce
red bell pepper – 1/4
green bell pepper – 1/4
yellow onion – 1/4
cumin – 1/2 teaspoon
salt – 1/8 teaspoon
black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
vegetable oil – 3/4 teaspoon
garlic powder – 1/2 teaspoon
paprika – 1/4 teaspoon
10-inch flour tortilla – 1
guacamole – 4 tablespoon
- Thinly slice chicken. Thinly slice onions, red pepper, and green pepper.
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium high heat and add oil.
- Season chicken with cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stir fry chicken on high for 6 minutes and then add sliced vegetables.
- Continue cooking for another 5 minutes, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Heat flour tortilla in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Fill tortilla with chicken and pepper mixture and roll up. Serve with guacamole.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.