Thai food lovers rejoice! This Thai Green Curry recipe, made with green curry paste from cilantro and green chilies, is as authentic as it is delicious. A combination of spicy, rich, savory and sweet, this flavorful dish is perfect to serve over rice.
Thai Green Chicken Curry
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 40 minutes
Active Time: 40 minutes
boneless skinless chicken thighs – 4 ounce
sweet potato – 1/4
curry paste – 1 1/2 teaspoon
fish sauce – 3/4 teaspoon
bok choy – 3/4 cup
fresh basil – 1 bunch
lime juice – 3/4 teaspoon
extra virgin olive oil – 1 1/2 teaspoon
fresh chili pepper – 1/2
coconut milk – 4 tablespoon
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a pot on medium-high. Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes, until no longer pink. Remove from pot and transfer to plate.
- Add cubed sweet potato to skillet and cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously. Add coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce, and baby bok choy.
- Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Stir occasionally.
- Return chicken to pot and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to bowl. Serve with sliced chili pepper, fresh basil, and lime juice.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.