There’s nothing better than a slow morning where you can take the time to relax and cook an appetizing breakfast. Open your kitchen cabinet, slide those boring cereals over and reach for the brown sugar because it’s a pancake morning! The crushed walnuts atop of these soft, fluffy banana walnut pancakes are the perfect, crunchy touch.
Banana Walnut Pancakes
Original # of Servings: 1
all purpose flour – 2 ounce
baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
brown sugar – 1 tablespoon
egg – 1/4
milk – 4 tablespoon
banana – 1
walnuts – 1 tablespoon
unsalted butter – 3/4 teaspoon
- Mash 3/4 of the bananas. Thinly slice remaining fruit. Set aside for garnish.
- Finely crush all walnuts. Set aside 1/4 for garnish.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, egg, and milk until smooth.
- Fold in mashed banana and walnuts.
- Melt portion of butter in pan on medium high heat.
- Add portion of batter. Cook each side until golden brown. Repeat as needed.
- Garnish pancakes with banana slices and walnuts.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.