Quick tip: Instead of putting your veggies on the side of your pasta, put them IN it! Perfect for any potluck, this bowtie pasta dish — filled with snap peas, asparagus, red bell peppers, peas and carrots — will make you forget carbs were ever involved. 😉
Bowtie Pasta with Vegetables
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 15 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
bowtie pasta – 2 ounce
snap peas – 2 tablespoon
red bell pepper – 1/4
asparagus – 2 tablespoon
frozen peas – 1/4 ounce
shredded carrots – 2 tablespoon
tomato sauce – 4 tablespoon
salt – 1/4 teaspoon
extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 teaspoon
- Bring water to a boil and cook pasta until cooked, but tender, 8-9 minutes. Strain and hold to the side.
- Slice bell pepper into strips. Cut asparagus into small spears.
- In pan over medium, heat oil.
- Saute peppers and peas 3 minutes, until still crisp.
- Add asparagus, peas and carrots. Season with salt. Cook another 3 minutes.
- As tomato sauce and cook until thickened, then toss in pasta and enjoy.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.