Eggs aren’t just a morning staple anymore. Break out the skillet and try these over easy eggs with basil tomatoes. Using pita for dipping, this dish will make for a new and delicious summer lunch.
Over Easy Eggs with Basil Tomatoes
Original # of Servings: 1
roma tomato – 3
fresh basil – 1/4 bunch
black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
whole wheat pita – 1
extra virgin olive oil – 1 tablespoon
salt – 1/8 teaspoon
egg – 1
- Core tomatoes and fine dice.
- Pluck basil from stems. Fine chop.
- Heat half of olive oil in pan on medium high heat.
- Add tomatoes, simmering 6-7 minutes.
- Season tomatoes with salt, pepper, and basil. Stir 1 minute.
- Remove tomatoes from pan. Wipe clean.
- Heat other portion of oil on medium high heat.
- Add eggs cooking for about 5 minutes until white in done.
- Add cooked tomatoes back to pan. Reduce heat and simmer 1 minute.
- Serve tomato and eggs hot with pita on the side.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.