Instead of settling for Chinese takeout, try cooking up this favorite Chinese dish at home! A traditional Cantonese dish, “Lo Mein” means stirred noodles. In this dish, the noodles are boiled, drained and cooked with the sauce so that every strand absorbs all the flavors.
Shrimp Lo Mein
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 20 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
shrimp – 4 ounce
spaghetti – 4 ounce
green onion – 1
egg – 1/2
extra virgin olive oil – 1 1/2 teaspoon
low sodium soy sauce – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Peel shell from shrimp. Tails can remain on if desired.
- Bring pot of water to boil. Add noodles. Cook 7-10 minutes until just tender.
- Drain water and set noodles aside.
- Remove white from green onion. Cut into large pieces.
- Heat half of the oil in pan on high heat. Add shrimp and green onion. Cook 3-5 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from pan. Add remaining oil. Heat on high.
- Whisk eggs with fork. Add to hot oil. Stir quickly, making scrambled eggs.
- Add shrimp and noodles. Stir in soy sauce 1 minute. Remove from heat and serve.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.