Whether you’re trying to cut down on red meat in your diet or just interested in switching it up a bit, turkey tacos are a great healthy alternative. In a hurry? Don’t worry, this recipe is super quick and easy. If you’re craving a little bit of spice, be sure to slice up some jalapeños.
Turkey Tacos Mexicano
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 25 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
turkey breast – 4 ounce
salt – 1/8 teaspoon
black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
garlic powder – 1/4 teaspoon
red onion – 1/4
avocado – 1/4
lime – 1/2
corn tortilla – 3
extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 teaspoon
fresh cilantro – 1 tablespoon
- Season turkey breast with oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cut into strips.
- Heat pan on high heat. Add turkey. Cook 10-13 minutes until done.
- Small dice red onion.
- Cut avocado in half. Remove pit. Scoop out flesh and small dice.
- Cut limes into wedges.
- Warm tortillas in microwave for 20 seconds.
- Rough chop cilantro.
- Serve hot turkey with onion, avocado, cilantro, lime wedges, and warm tortillas.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.