Step out of your cooking comfort zone with this Greek-inspired Mediterranean chicken gyro. Your first bite will have you transported to an outdoor cafe in on a Greek island overlooking the Aegean Sea. So fired up the oven and get ready for this mouthwatering, hearty sandwich.
Chicken Gyro with Fries
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 45 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
boneless skinless chicken breast – 4 ounce
greek dressing – 1 1/2 teaspoon
roma tomato – 1/2
shredded lettuce – 4 tablespoon
french fries – 2 1/2 ounce
extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 teaspoon
salt – 1/8 teaspoon
whole wheat pita – 1
cucumber – 1/8
greek yogurt – 1 ounce
garlic – 3/4 teaspoon
fresh mint – 3/4 teaspoon
- Cut chicken into slices. Toss with Greek dressing.
- Preheat pan to medium heat. Add chicken. Tossing until done about 5-7 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss fries with oil. Place on oven safe pan. Toast 20-22 minutes.
- Remove fries from oven. Season with salt.
- Core tomatoes. Cut into wedges.
- Peel cucumber. Trim end. Mince finely.
- Mince garlic and mint.
- Mix together cucumber, garlic and mint into yogurt.
- Place portion of chicken, lettuce and tomato in pita.
- Top with fries and yogurt sauce. Serve.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.