Don’t know what to prepare for lunch tomorrow? Instead of neglecting your go-to turkey sandwich, spice it up with some red onion and cucumber for an added crunch. It’s simple but will leave your tastebuds begging for more.
Turkey and Provolone on Toast
Original # of Servings: 1
deli turkey – 4 ounce
provolone cheese – 1 slice
lettuce – 1 ounce
roma tomato – 1
cucumber – 1/4
red onion – 1/8
white bread – 2 slice
- Remove lettuce leaves from head of lettuce.
- Slice roma tomatoes. Discard end pieces.
- Trim ends of cucumber and discard. Slice cucumber.
- Slice red onion into rings.
- Toast bread in toaster for 2 minutes.
- Load one slice of bread with turkey, cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onion.
- Top sandwich with second slice of toast. Cut in half and serve.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.