Put the pause on your summer diet and prepare your palette for a creamy, spicy and flavorful dish that is sure to shake up your taste buds. Chicken Korma is the perfect Indian dish to spice up things in the kitchen — so break out the Indian spices and pick up some fresh naan for dipping!
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 25 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
greek yogurt – 2 ounce
ground ginger – 1/4 teaspoon
garlic powder – 1/4 teaspoon
curry powder – 3/4 teaspoon
raw almonds – 2 tablespoon
cumin – 1/4 teaspoon
ground cardamom – 1/4 teaspoon
onion – 1/4
extra virgin olive oil – 1 1/2 teaspoon
chicken breast – 4 ounce
- Trim chicken breast of fat. Cut into large chunks.
- Thinly slice onion.
- In food mill, pulverize almonds with spices.
- Heat oil in pan on high heat. Add onion and cook until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add chicken to onions. Stir. Cook until all sides are seared.
- Add 1 ounce of water to yogurt.
- Reduce heat. Add yogurt and almond mixture. Simmer 2-3 minutes until chicken in done.
- Remove from heat. Allow sauce to thicken slightly before serving
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.