Chicken Satay hails all the way from Indonesia to your adorn your My Happy Plates meal plan. This peanut-sauce covered protein has gained popularity across the U.S., encapsulating us with its salty-sweet flavor combinations and its strong appetizer potential.
Chicken Satay Skewers
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 20 minutes
Active Time: 20 minutes
- white rice – 4 tablespoon
- green onion – 2
- cucumber – 1/4
- red onion – 1/4
- fresh cilantro – 1 tablespoon
- distilled white vinegar – 2 tablespoon
- water – 2 tablespoon
- chicken breast – 2 ounce
- garlic – 3/4 teaspoon
- brown sugar – 3/4 teaspoon
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- peanut butter – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- chicken broth – 2 tablespoon
- lime juice – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- low sodium soy sauce – 1 teaspoon
- coconut milk – 4 tablespoon
- curry powder – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Thinly slice cucumber and red onion. Place in bowl with white vinegar and water. Marinate while preparing chicken.
- In a bowl, mix half of your coconut milk, minced garlic, half of your curry powder, brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch strips. Add to sauce and let sit.
- In a pot, boil remaining coconut milk, remaining curry powder, peanut butter, and broth. Reduce to a simmer. Stir continuously for 5 minutes. Once thickened, remove from heat. Stir in lime juice and soy sauce.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Place chicken strips on skewers and grill for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with warm peanut sauce, marinated vegetables, and chopped green onion.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.