I have a secret for turning classics into exciting new dishes: trade chicken for shrimp. While orange chicken has donned our dining room tables and takeout boxes as long as we can remember, orange shrimp is a refreshing twist on this old favorite. Packed with selenium and vitamin b12, shrimp is a stellar choice for low-calorie protein.
Orange Shrimp with Vegetable Rice
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 21 minutes
Active Time: 5 minutes
- shrimp – 4 ounce
- frozen mixed vegetables – 8 tablespoon
- white rice – 4 tablespoon
- orange juice – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- teriyaki sauce – 3/4 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 3/8 teaspoon
- Defrost mixed vegetables.
- Bring pot of water to boil. Add rice cooking 10 minutes.
- Lower heat on rice. Stir in vegetables keeping warm.
- Blend orange juice with teriyaki sauce.
- Peel shrimp. Tails can remain on if desired.
- Heat olive oil in pan on high heat. Stir in shrimp 3 minutes.
- Add teriyaki mixture. Stir until sauce thickens 2-3 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from heat.
- Portion vegetable rice. Top with shrimp.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.