Though almonds seem to get the most press, cashews are another great vegetarian protein source. With their rich, velvety texture, they make for a satisfying snack. But that’s not all… they also make a perfect garnish on salad, rice, or a veggie-based stir-fry!
Cashew Stir-Fry Bowl
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 40 minutes
Active Time: 25 minutes
- white rice – 8 tablespoon
- cashews – 2 tablespoon
- broccoli – 2 ounce
- frozen peas – 1 ounce
- carrot – 1/2
- red bell pepper – 1/2
- green bell pepper – 1/2
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- low sodium soy sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Place cashews on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Prepare vegetables. Cut broccoli into tiny florets, finely dice bell peppers and carrot, and thaw frozen peas.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add mixed vegetables and stir-fry until soft.
- Remove vegetables from heat and toss with lemon juice and soy sauce.
- Transfer rice to serving dish and top with vegetables and roasted cashews.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.