Have you ever had chicken at a restaurant, and wondered why your own never tasted quite so delicious? There’s a good chance it was blackened, making it extra flavorful. In this salad recipe, you mix cajun seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and paprika into the olive oil used to coat the chicken. Now that’s some restaurant worthy meat!
Avocado Salad with Blackened Chicken
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 25 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- boneless skinless chicken breast – 4 ounce
- paprika – 3/4 teaspoon
- salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- garlic powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 teaspoon
- romaine lettuce – 3/4 cup
- grape tomatoes – 2 1/2 ounce
- yellow onion – 1/8
- cucumber – 1/4
- avocado – 1/2
- cajun seasoning – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- lime juice – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Mix together spices with olive oil.
- Coat chicken evenly with spiced oil.
- Preheat oven to high heat. Add chicken, cooking 5 minutes per side.
- Remove core of lettuce. Roughly chop.
- Slice grape tomatoes in half.
- Trim ends of cucumber. Thinly slice.
- Thinly slice onion.
- Slice avocados in half. Remove pit. Scoop out flesh from skin and slice.
- Slice cooked chicken into strips.
- Portion chopped lettuce. Top with tomato, cucumber, onion, and avocado.
- Top with chicken, season with lime juice and serve.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.