At My Happy Plates, we’re all about trying new things. So when spaghetti squash gained popularity as an alternative to pasta, we hopped right on the bandwagon. We know not everyone is as open to experimenting as we are, so lucky for you, we tested it out for you. And trust us, it didn’t disappoint! We strongly suggest you see for yourselves, especially if you have a gluten-free diner at your table.
Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 1 hour
Active Time: 20 minutes
- spaghetti squash – 1/2
- ground beef – 4 ounce
- canned peeled tomatoes – 7 ounce
- fresh basil – 1/8 bunch
- grated parmesan – 1 tablespoon
- garlic – 3/4 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 1/8 teaspoon
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- yellow onion – 1/4
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice spaghetti squash in half, scoop out seeds, and brush with olive oil.
- Roast squash for 30 minutes, use a fork to scrape strands, and put into a pasta bowls.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat and add remaining olive oil.
- Add in ground beef and using a wooden spoon break up meat.
- Cook until golden brown and crispy.
- Mince onion and garlic, add to olive oil, and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in whole peeled tomatoes and let cook down for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and freshly torn basil.
- Spoon meat sauce over spaghetti squash and garnish with more fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.