If you’re trying to cut down on meat, it can be easy to get into a pattern of making the same dishes. We’ve found that Indian cuisine has some stellar vegetarian dishes that provide some well-needed excitement into our diets. Anyways, who can say no to some warm naan?
Curry Chickpeas with Naan
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 15 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- chickpeas – 3 3/4 ounce
- coconut milk – 4 tablespoon
- curry powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- fresh cilantro – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- red bell pepper – 1/4
- extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 teaspoon
- cumin – 1/4 teaspoon
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- Put coconut milk into a sauce pan with curry, cumin, salt, pepper, and bring to a simmer.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and add to the sauce pan.
- Roughly chop red peppers and saute for 4 minutes in olive oil.
- Add in red peppers to the pan and plate with chopped fresh cilantro.
- Serve with warmed naan.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.