Happy Mother’s Day! To us, Mother’s Day always makes us think of brunch, so we thought it was the perfect occasion to share a delicious recipe for eggs benedict. To all the mothers reading this, feel free to pass this recipe on to your loved ones and ask for a gift of breakfast in bed. You can thank us later!
Bacon Eggs Benedict
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 25 minutes
Active Time: 20 minutes
- egg – 1
- red wine vinegar – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- shallot – 1/8
- lemon juice – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- butter – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- bacon – 2 ounce
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- Separate yolks from whites of egg.
- Mince shallot.
- Melt butter.
- Heat pan to high heat. Add salt, pepper, vinegar and shallot.
- Reduce vinegar by half. Remove from heat.
- Whisk eggs with vinegar reduction.
- Slowly drizzle in butter while whisking making an emulsion.
- Season hollandaise sauce with lemon juice. Set aside.
- Reheat pan to high heat. Cook bacon 7-9 minutes.
- Remove bacon and add egg white to pan. Cook until firm.
- Plate bacon. Top with egg white. Spoon sauce over egg and serve.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.