Calling Thai food enthusiasts everywhere. The time has come to fill your kitchen with the decadent, coconut-ty smell of green curry. For those of you who aren’t Thai food extraordinaires, green curry is a sweeter alternative to the richer red curry, making it a great choice for Thai food beginners. Best of all, you get to control the spice!
Green Curry Basil Chicken
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 30 minutes
Active Time: 5 minutes
- chicken drumstick – 2
- green curry paste – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- onion – 1/4
- extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 teaspoon
- fresh basil – 1/8 bunch
- fish sauce – 1/4 teaspoon
- coconut milk – 2 tablespoon
- water – 8 tablespoon
- Small dice onion.
- Finely chop basil leaves.
- Heat oil in pan on high heat. Add onion cooking until soft.
- Add chicken legs. Cook 5 minutes per side.
- Add coconut milk, water, fish sauce, and green curry.
- Once begins to simmer, reduce heat. Cover for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with fresh basil leaves.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.