Meatless Monday calls for a vegetarian cult favorite: zoodles! Other than the fact that your kids will delight in this playful name, zucchini noodles are a low-carb alternative to traditional pasta. So dust off that spiralizer, and get to cooking!
Zucchini Noodles with Lemon Ricotta and Basil
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 20 minutes
Active Time: 20 minutes
- zucchini – 1/2
- lemon juice – 3/4 teaspoon
- ricotta cheese – 4 tablespoon
- fresh basil – 1/8 bunch
- extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 teaspoon
- lemon – 1/4
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- Spiralize zucchini and set on paper towels to dry.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add in spiralized zucchini and cook for 2 minutes.
- In a bowl mix zest of the lemon, ricotta, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Add in zucchini noodles and toss to coat.
- Plate zucchini, and garnish with lots of freshly torn basil.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.