If you’re like me, just the mention of hoisin sauce excites your tastebuds. The flavorful sauce pairs beautifully with salmon, and the sautéed zucchini adds a Spring flair. With under 20 grams of carbs, I can’t think of a reason for you to resist adding this to next week’s repertoire.
Sesame Hoisin Salmon with Zucchini Medley
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 28 minutes
Active Time: 8 minutes
- salmon – 4 ounce
- hoisin sauce – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- sesame seeds – 3/4 teaspoon
- zucchini – 1/2
- asparagus – 4 tablespoon
- green onion – 2
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- Trim away ends of zucchini. Julienne.
- Trim bottom inch of asparagus and discard.
- Trim roots from green onion.
- Mix hoisin, sesame seeds and remaining olive oil.
- Heat half of olive oil in pan. Add vegetables and saute 8-10 minutes.
- Lower heat on zucchini medley, keeping warm.
- Cut salmon into 4 inch wide portion.
- Brush both sides of salmon with sesame hoisin.
- Preheat another pan on high heat. Add salmon cooking 5 minutes per side.
- Serve hot salmon with warm vegetables.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.