When my birthday rolled around each year, I always requested that my grandmother make her famous taquitos. There was nothing I loved more than the crunch of that first crispy bite. When I tried taquitos made from a frozen package, I was shocked at how little resemblance they had to the homemade version. So get ready to open your eyes to real taquitos, and don’t worry, it doesn’t have to be your birthday for you to enjoy them!
Taquitos with Refried Beans and Queso Fresco
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 35 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- refried beans – 4 tablespoon
- corn tortilla – 2
- queso fresco – 2 tablespoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 teaspoon
- white onion – 1/8
- pico de gallo – 4 tablespoon
- guacamole – 2 tablespoon
- shredded monterey jack cheese – 1 tablespoon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Heat corn tortillas in the micorwave for 15 seconds. P
- Spoon refried beans and sprinkle with shredded monterey jake cheese in tortilla.
- Brush the bottom of a casserole dish with olive oil.
- Tightly roll up corn tortilla and place seam side down.
- Brush with top of tortilla with olive oil and crumble queso fresco over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with guacamole and pico de gallo.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.