Why are egg noodles and cream sauce such a delicious pair? The answer is simple. Egg noodles are great at soaking up sauces, so the richness of the sauce gets distributed throughout the dish. I don’t think I need to sell you on chicken and mushrooms, so I see no reason why you shouldn’t add this dish to your meal plan. Any objections? Ok, good.
Egg Noodles with Chicken and Mushrooms in Cream Sauce
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 20 minutes
Active Time: 20 minutes
- egg noodles – 6 tablespoon
- cremini mushrooms – 2 ounce
- whole roasted chicken – 4 ounce
- heavy cream – 1 tablespoon
- grated parmesan – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- butter – 3/4 teaspoon
- garlic – 3/4 teaspoon
- Cook egg noodles by package directions.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat and melt butter.
- Cut chicken breast from whole roasted chicken into one inch cubes.
- Thinly slice mushrooms and saute in butter with salt, pepper, and minced garlic.
- Once mushrooms are cooked down, add in heavy cream and parmesan.
- Reduce cream by half and toss in pasta and chicken.
- Plate and garnish with grated parmesan cheese.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.