You don’t need to leave the house to eat a decadent steak for dinner. You can save money and impress your significant other by cooking a juicy New York Strip drizzled with rosemary red wine sauce in your own home. May I suggest candles, red wine, and homemade french fries as accompaniments?
New York Strip Steak with Rosemary Red Wine Sauce
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 20 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- ny strip steak – 4 ounce
- fresh rosemary – 3/4 teaspoon
- red wine – 2 tablespoon
- butter – 3/4 teaspoon
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- Heat a cast iron pan to medium high heat.
- Season steak with salt, pepper, chopped rosemary, and add to hot pan.
- Sear steak for 4 minutes per side, remove from pan, and let rest.
- Deglaze the pan with red wine, reduce slighlty, and swirl in butter.
- Slice steak against the grain on a bias.
- Plate steak and spoon over red wine sauce.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.