Sesame seeds… you eat them all the time, but you never really stop to think about them. Black sesame seeds actually boast an impressive nutrient profile, containing high amounts of vitamin B1, dietary fiber, and unsaturated fats. Plus, the Chinese are rumored to believe that black sesame seeds have some anti-aging effects… and who are we to argue?
Black Sesame Rice Bowl with Chicken
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 30 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
- white rice – 4 tablespoon
- boneless skinless chicken breast – 4 ounce
- chickpeas – 2 ounce
- red bell pepper – 1/2
- avocado – 1/2
- red onion – 1/4
- red cabbage – 4 tablespoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 1/8 teaspoon
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- black sesame seeds – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Bring pot of water to boil. Add rice, cooking 10 minutes until rice is done.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Remove stem, seeds, and ribs from bell pepper. Thinly slice.
- Thinly slice red onion.
- Thinly slice red cabbage.
- Heat oil in pan on high heat.
- Individually, toss chickpeas, onion, cabbage, peppers, and chickpeas in pan for about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Add chicken to pan. Cook 3-4 minutes per side until done.
- Slice avocado in half. Remove pit. Scoop flesh from skin. Thin slice.
- In serving vessel, place rice in center of bowl. Sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Arrange vegetables around rice. Top with chicken. Serve hot.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.