Always wanted to make your own falafel? Well today is your lucky day. Falafel, a fried ball made of chickpeas (or sometimes fava beans), is a favorite of vegetarians and non-vegetarians all over the world. Don’t forget to add some tzatziki!
Falafel Pita Pockets
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 30 minutes
Active Time: 30 minutes
- white pita – 1
- chickpeas – 3 3/4 ounce
- yellow onion – 1/8
- parsley – 3/4 teaspoon
- all purpose flour – 1 ounce
- ground coriander – 1/8 teaspoon
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- cumin – 1/4 teaspoon
- vegetable oil – 3/4 teaspoon
- greek yogurt – 1 1/2 ounce
- fresh mint – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- lemon juice – 1/4 teaspoon
- roma tomato – 1/4
- In a food processor add first 9 ingredients and blend until mixture just comes together.
- Take the chickpea mixture and form into patties. If mixture is really sticky pat the outside with flour.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium and add oil.
- Cook the falafel until golden and warmed throughout.
- Whisk yogurt with lemon juice and fresh chopped mint.
- In warmed pita, put in slice tomatoes, falafel, and top with yogurt sauce.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.