A favorite of low-carb dieters everywhere, the lettuce wrap has a satisfyingly crunchy outside without all those extra calories. Even if you’re pro-carb, these make a great appetizer that won’t leave you to full for the main course. The cilantro and lime balance out the fattiness of the pork, making for a refreshing springtime recipe.
Cilantro Lime Pork Lettuce Wraps
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 20 minutes
Active Time: 8 minutes
- ground pork – 4 ounce
- extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 teaspoon
- lime juice – 3/4 teaspoon
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- red onion – 1/8
- avocado – 1/2
- lettuce – 2 ounce
- fresh cilantro – 1 tablespoon
- Fine dice red onion.
- Peel avocado. Remove pit and peel skin. Small dice.
- Rough chop cilantro.
- Heat olive oil in pan on medium high heat.
- Add pork. Brown for 10-12 minutes until done.
- Season with salt and lime juice.
- Peel whole leaves from lettuce head.
- Serve leaves with cooked pork, cilantro, red onion and avocado.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.