Spring is pea season, and with pea protein being the new Vegan alternative to dairy-based protein powders, they are making a major comeback! One creative way to introduce peas into your kitchen is by making pea puree. It’s a healthier version of mashed potatoes, and the beautiful green color adds a pep of spring spirit to your plate.
Almond Salmon with Pea Puree
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 45 minutes
Active Time: 20 minutes
- salmon – 4 ounce
- almond flour – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- egg – 1/4
- dill – 1/4 teaspoon
- lemon juice – 3/4 teaspoon
- frozen peas – 3 ounce
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Remove skin from salmon. Portion into 4 inch wide pieces.
- Whisk egg until frothy.
- Place salmon on greased sheet pan.
- Brush salmon lightly with egg.
- Pat almond flour on salmon.
- Season with lemon juice and dill.
- Add salmon to oven baking 25-30 minutes until done.
- Bring pot of water to boil. Add peas and simmer 10 minutes.
- Drain water from peas.
- Add peas, salt and pepper to food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Serve cooked salmon with pureed peas hot.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.