You guessed it– Meatless Monday has come around once again. This week, we have one of our favorite lunch dishes, the tofu salad bowl. If you shy away from salads, or they don’t seem to fill you up, don’t stop reading just yet. This bowl is high in protein and healthy fats, so it will keep you powered through your afternoon (see, who needs meat?).
Tofu Salad Bowl
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 25 minutes
Active Time: 25 minutes
- avocado – 1/2
- chickpeas – 1 ounce
- tofu – 3 ounce
- spinach – 2 ounce
- cherry tomatoes – 4 tablespoon
- low sodium soy sauce – 1 tablespoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- lime – 1/2
- quinoa – 4 tablespoon
- poppy seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- sesame seeds – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas.
- Heat olive oil to a skillet in medium high. Add tofu and brown. Stir in soy sauce and chickpeas. Coat well and remove from heat.
- Add spinach, sliced avocado, cooked quinoa, tofu, sliced cherry tomatoes, and quinoa to a serving dish.
- Garnish with poppy and sesame seeds, and lime wedge.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.