Does your family ever beg you to order takeout? Does your body ever start walking towards the nearest takeout spot without you even realizing? If you answered yes to either of those questions, this recipe is for you. You don’t have to justify paying delivery fees or even fight over who is going to get the food, because the magic of your go-to dish can be recreated in your kitchen (with our help).
In my case, I love nothing more than filling my kitchen with the mouth-watering scent of one of my favorite dishes, sweet and spicy chicken.
Sweet and Spicy Chicken
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 15 minutes
Active Time: 5 minutes
- chicken breast – 2 2/3 ounce
- all purpose flour – 2/3 ounce
- corn starch – 2/3 tablespoon
- egg – 1/3
- Thai sweet chili sauce – 1 1/3 tablespoon
- red pepper flakes – 1/6 teaspoon
- wild rice – 2 2/3 tablespoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 7/8 tablespoon
- honey – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Add eggs to a small bowl and whisk. Add flour to a second bowl.
- Add 1/2 inch strips of chicken and cornstarch to a freezer bag and toss to coat.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the beaten eggs, followed by flour.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, cook chicken 2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set on paper towel lined plate.
- Add honey, red pepper flakes, Thai sweet chili sauce, and transfer chicken back to still-hot skillet.
- Toss to coat chicken in sauce. Remove from heat.
- Transfer warm rice and chicken to plate and serve.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.