It’s April, so we know you’re deep into your summer body workout plans (unless, like me, you’re a bit of a procrastinator), and so you may need to up your protein intake. Even if you haven’t been focusing on your bench press, protein is key for keeping your body fueled and stabilizing your energy. The dinner recipe we have for you today includes cod, tofu, and egg, and boasts an impressive 36 grams of protein!
Herbed Cod with Tofu and Egg
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 35 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- cod – 4 ounce
- tofu – 2 ounce
- greek dressing – 2 tablespoon
- white rice – 6 tablespoon
- lemon juice – 1/4 teaspoon
- fresh parsley – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- egg – 1
- extra virgin olive oil – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cube tofu.
- Mince parsley.
- Bring pot of water to boil. Cook rice 10 minutes. Keep hot.
- Season pan with oil. Preheat pan to medium high heat.
- Add cod. Sear 2-3 minutes.
- Add dressing and tofu to pan. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Portion rice on plate. Top with cod and tofu. Garnish with parsley.
- Add uncooked egg. Stir into hot rice immediately.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.