Ramen is no longer the food of the broke college student– restaurants all over are coming up with creative ways to elevate the classic noodle dish. It’s become one of our top cuisines for 2018, and this mushroom edition is a delicious choice for April’s first Meatless Monday!
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 15 minutes
Active Time: 5 minutes
- shiitake mushrooms – 2 1/2 ounce
- scallions – 1 1/2 stalk
- crushed red pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- vegetable broth – 8 tablespoon
- ramen – 2 ounce
- low sodium soy sauce – 1/4 teaspoon
- Trim ends of mushrooms and discard. Thinly slice.
- Trim white parts of scallions and discard. Slice on bias.
- Bring broth with equal parts water to boil.
- Add mushroom and scallions to broth. Simmer 1 minute.
- Add ramen to broth simmering 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce heat. Stir in crushed red pepper and soy sauce.
- Portion into bowls. Serve hot.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.