Happy Easter to all those who are celebrating today, and Happy April Fool’s Day to the rest of you. On this holiday-packed Sunday, we’re sticking with an American classic: meatloaf. We all have memories of meatloaf night when we were kids, and it wasn’t always a favorite. So we want to make sure your meatloaf recipe is one that your family can look forward to!
Meatloaf over Spaghetti Parmesan with Sautéed String Beans
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 45 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
- salt – 3/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- cooking spray
- spaghetti – 3 ounce
- grated parmesan – 1 tablespoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 2/3 tablespoon
- ground beef – 4 ounce
- ketchup – 2 tablespoon
- onion – 1/8
- egg – 1/2
- bread crumbs – 4 tablespoon
- Italian seasoning – 1/4 teaspoon
- string beans – 2 ounce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl, combine beef, diced onion, egg, bread crumbs, seasoning, and half of your ketchup. Mix well.
- Press the beef mixture into a loaf pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, depending on size. Monitor occasionally.
- Remove from oven and layer on the remaining ketchup. Bake for an additional 5 minutes, until cooked through.
- Set a pot of water over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Add spaghetti and cook according to package instructions, around 8-9 minutes until al dente.
- Drain spaghetti and return to pot.
- Add olive oil, black pepper, and parmesan. Mix well.
- Cut ends from string beans.
- Set pan over high heat.
- Add olive oil and string beans. Sauté for 3 minutes and season.
- Serve meatloaf over spaghetti parmesan with string beans on the side.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.