If you usually default to chicken or steak fajitas, I would like to cordially invite you to branch out of your comfort zone. Shrimp fajitas have always been my go-to order at a Mexican restaurant, but there are some major pros to cooking them yourself. By avoiding the heavy use of oil and butter, these satiating fajitas come in at only 349 calories a serving and 10 grams of fat!
Baja Shrimp Fajitas
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 22 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
- shrimp – 4 ounce
- red bell pepper – 1/4
- yellow bell pepper – 1/4
- red onion – 1/4
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- garlic powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- 8-inch flour tortilla – 3
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Peel shrimp of shell and tails.
- Remove stem, seeds, and ribs from peppers. Cut into strips.
- Slice red onion.
- Blend shrimp with vegetables, oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Tossing well.
- Place mixture on oven safe pan. Roast in onion 8-12 minutes.
- Serve shrimp and vegetables hot with tortillas.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.