On this edition of Smoothie Saturday, we’re going with a simple combination of strawberries, greek yogurt, and chia seeds. If you’re not familiar with the health benefits of chia seeds, I’ll share a few with you right here:
- Chia seeds are rich in fiber, which helps keep your digestive tract in top shape.
- They are full of Omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for a healthy heart.
- They provide a vegan source of calcium and protein, encouraging strong bones and muscles.
Strawberry Chia Smoothie
Original # of Servings: 1
- plain greek yogurt – 1
- strawberries – 1 cup
- chia seeds – 1 tablespoon
- water – 4 tablespoon
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.