Tuna a fabulous source of protein, and it cooks in just minutes. This may seem like a gourmet sandwich, and it taste like a gourmet sandwich, but it’s not more difficult than making an average cheeseburger. Prepare to be impressed!
Marinated Tuna Sandwich with Roasted Red Pepper
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 25 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
- tuna – 4 ounce
- italian dressing – 2 tablespoon
- arugula – 4 tablespoon
- red bell pepper – 1/2
- wheat bun – 1
- Set oven to broil. Preheat.
- Cut bell pepper in half. Remove stem, ribs, and seeds. Crush slightly.
- Using half of the dressing, rub bell pepper slices well.
- Marinate tuna with remaining dressing for 10 minutes.
- Using oven safe pan, roast bell pepper until skin begins to char. Remove from heat.
- Heat pan to medium high heat. Add tuna. Cook each side 3-4 minutes. Allow to rest 2 minutes.
- Thinly slice tuna.
- Place arugula on bottom of bun. Add charred bell pepper half. Top with tuna and serve.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.