So I know we haven’t exactly been sticking to Meatless Mondays on the blog, but hey- always a good time for a fresh start! This week, we’re showcasing one of our biggest hits, the falafel burger. Crispy, juicy, and loaded with flavor, this Mediterranean- inspired patty won’t leave you craving beef.
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 15 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
- chickpeas – 4 ounce
- garlic – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- parsley – 1 teaspoon
- cumin – 1/2 teaspoon
- ground coriander – 1/2 teaspoon
- all purpose flour – 1/2 ounce
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- sesame seed bun – 1
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- In food processor, roughly grind chickpeas.
- Add garlic, lemon juice, flour, parsley and spices to chickpeas. Pulse several times.
- Remove mixture from container. Portion into small patties.
- Pre-heat oil in pan on medium high.
- Add patties. Cook each side 3-5 minutes.
- Remove patties from pan. Toast insides of bun in remaining oil.
- Serve with desired garnishes such as lettuce and tomato, slaw, or cucumber sauce.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.