As many of you may already know, pork and sweet potatoes make quite the dynamic duo. Though it’s almost spring, and you may think sweet potatoes are more of an autumn flavor, we all know March is never as warm as we want it to be. This hearty dinner is best for one of those chillier nights, when a salad just isn’t going to cut it.
Pork Chops over Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Roasted Cauliflower
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 35 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- pork chop – 5 ounce
- egg – 1/2
- bread crumbs – 4 tablespoon
- cooking spray
- sweet potato – 1 1/2
- cinnamon – 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – 3/8 teaspoon
- nonfat milk – 4 tablespoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 1/3 tablespoon
- black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- cauliflower – 1 cup
- garlic powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut cauliflower into bite size pieces.
- Toss in a mixing bowl with olive oil and spices.
- Line a cooking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Add cauliflower to pan and cook for 30 minutes.
- In one bowl, crack and beat egg. In another, place your breadcrumbs.
- Cover each chop in an egg wash. Then place in breadcrumbs and coat fully.
- Set pork on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Wash and peel potatoes and then cut into small cubes.
- Set a pot of water over high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and cook for 20 minutes, or until very tender.
- Drain potatoes and add back to pot.
- Use a spatula to mash potatoes.
- Add milk, olive oil, salt, pepper, and cinnamon. Whip well with a whisk or spatula until creamy and smooth.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.