Once upon a time, I spent a summer in Greece. By the time I left, Greek salads were a staple in my diet. This recipe makes a twist on the classic, by omitting the feta (you’re welcome, my lactose intolerant friends), and adding scrumptious spicy grilled chicken. As the Greeks would say, Καλή όρεξη!
Greek Salad with Spicy Grilled Chicken
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 25 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- chicken breast – 4 ounce
- roma tomato – 1/4
- red onion – 1/4
- cucumber – 1/4
- kalamata olives – 1 tablespoon
- romaine lettuce – 1 cup
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- red pepper flakes – 1/4 teaspoon
- lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Grill on both sides for 5 minutes each, or until chicken is cooked through.
- If you don’t have a grill, preheat oven to 400 and bake for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, slice red onions, tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Arrange a bed of lettuce on a plate. Top with veggies, olives, and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Finish salad with sliced grilled chicken and enjoy!
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.