If you’re like me, you don’t think too much about tomatoes. I pretty much use them for sandwiches and salads, but rarely anything more complex than that. In this recipe, the sautéed tomato slices add a robust flavor that would have been missing with raw tomatoes. After making this, I want to add them to everything (think: omelettes).
Kale Bowl with Herb Baked Chicken and Sautéed Tomato Slices
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 50 minutes
Active Time: 20 minutes
- tomato – 2 ounce
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – 3/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- dried thyme – 1/8 teaspoon
- kale – 2 cup
- chicken breast – 4 ounce
- garlic powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- onion powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- basil – 1/4 teaspoon
- oregano – 1/4 teaspoon
- parsley – 1/4 teaspoon
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cut chicken on an angle for maximum flavor. Season chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, garlic and herbs.
- Spray foil-lined baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Depending on thickness, bake chicken for 45 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add kale to skillet and saute for 5 minutes or until fairly wilted.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Slice tomatoes and place in a single layer in the skillet.
- Before removing chicken, set broiler to high. Move chicken to broiler for 3 minutes to crisp the top.
- Allow tomatoes to cook on each side for 2 minutes.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.